Re: PgAdmin V 1.16.1 Error - Comment on database - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Jan-Peter Seifert
Subject Re: PgAdmin V 1.16.1 Error - Comment on database
Date
List pgadmin-support
Am 01.08.2013 08:40, schrieb Oli Noname:
> PgAdmin V 1.16.1 (on Win7) with Postgres 9.1 Server doesn´t show the
> Comments on a Database. Neither in SQL Field then in Preferences.
>
> I can overwrite the comments but i still doesn´t show any comment on
> database but the new set comment can be seen using an older Version of
> PgAdmin.
>
> Comments on Schemas are shown but not on Databases.

Are you sure that only comments on databases are affected? IIRC e.g.
comments on functions are affected, too.
v1.16.1 is IMO pretty much unusable.

users:
-When opening the property tab of users they are automatically marked
invalid and you can't revoke superuser rights. It would be okay to
refuse this for postgres and if no superuser would be left, but this is
the case for all superusers.

backups:
-you don't see which database/schema is being dumped anymore - you have
to remember to verify that all objects from the correct database are
being dumped in the objects tab.
-You have to remember to choose custom format - otherwise you can't
restore the backup with pgAdmin III, because it will be in plain text.
In the past pgAdmin's default was custom format. (Why not just use psql
for restoring plain text backups if server and psql version match anyway? )
-backups on Windows 7 still take a much longer time than calling pg_dump
from command line. This has been the case since 1.12 though ...

Just use 1.14.3 and PostgreSQL < 9.2 for now ...

regards,

Peter