Re: Fw: [osdldbt-general] Running DBT5 on remote database server - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Fw: [osdldbt-general] Running DBT5 on remote database server
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 7/22/13 10:13 PM, amul sul wrote:
> I want test the PostgreSQL performance using DBT5, where my PostgreSQL
> running on server (say 192.168.56.101) and want to test the performance
> executing DBT5 on other machine (say 192.168.56.102).

You can do this.  Here's the help for the run_workload.sh command:

usage: run_workload.sh -c <number of customers> -d <duration of test> -u
<number of users>
other options:
        -a <pgsql>
        -b <database parameters>
        -f <scale factor. (default 500)>
        -h <database host name. (default localhost)>

"-h" is the setting that points toward another server.  You will also
need to setup the postgresql.conf and pg_hba.conf on the system to allow
remote connections, the same way as this is normally done with Postgres.