Re: PG performance issues related to storage I/O waits - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From KONDO Mitsumasa
Subject Re: PG performance issues related to storage I/O waits
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi Tasos,

(2013/07/31 20:58), Tasos Petalas wrote:
> We have set synchronous_commit to off but since almost all of application queries
> are using prepared statements we don't get any real benefit.

> Also please advise on any postgres.conf modification that could significantly
> affect storage load (WAL-checkpoint configuration etc.)
Please send us to your postgresql.conf and detail of your server (memory ,raid
cache size and OS version).

I think your server's memory is big. You should set small dirty_background_ratio
or dirty_background_byte. If your server's memory is big, PostgreSQL's checkpoint
executes stupid disk-write.

By the way, I make new checkpoint scheduler and method now. If you could send
more detail information which is like response time or load average, you will
help me to make better my patch.

Best regards,
--
Mitsumasa KONDO