Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])
Date
In response to Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> I think if we can design conf.d separately for config files of management tools, then
> it is better to have postgresql.auto.conf to be in $PGDATA rather than in
> $PGDATA/conf.d

One of the biggest current complaints about recovery.conf from
Debian/Ubuntu users is the fact that it lives in $PGDATA.  Won't we just
get the same thing here?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.