Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

On 07/18/2013 04:25 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Thursday, July 18, 2013 12:38 AM Josh Berkus wrote:
>> On 07/17/2013 12:01 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>> Both of these seem like they would make troubleshooters' lives more
>>> difficult.  I think we should just parse the auto file automatically
>>> after parsing postgresql.conf, without requiring the include
>> directive
>>> to be there.
>>
>> Wait, I thought the auto file was going into the conf.d directory?
>
> Auto file is going into config directory, but will that make any difference
> if we have to parse it automatically after postgresql.conf.

Well, I thought that the whole conf.d directory automatically got parsed
after postgresql.conf.  No?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.