Re: Website Redo Kick Off - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Dirk Olmes
Subject Re: Website Redo Kick Off
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
> * If you have experience with one listed please comment, seems good/not
>   so good and the language used if possible.

> Pelican
> http://docs.getpelican.com/en/3.2/

Pelican's main usage seems to be for blogs but it can also generate
regular pages. I recently converted my personal blog to pelican. I went
with Markdown as the markup language because I'm already quite familiar
with it from github.

The use of pelican is dead simple. If you stick to the suggested
directory structure it's all about handling files and running "make
html" to generate the output which is then published to the web server.

I chose pelican because it's python based. Python's "virtualenv" tool
allows to set up all the required libraries in a local folder - I wasn't
able to find a 1:1 equivalent for the ruby based frameworks.

-dirk