Re: Upgrade strangeness on win 32bit - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject Re: Upgrade strangeness on win 32bit
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi Marco,

(2013/06/10 23:19), Marco Gaiarin wrote:
> Mandi! Hiroshi Inoue
>    In chel di` si favelave...
>
>> 9.2.0100 is a major upgrade.
>> Maybe we should have disabled upgrade.bat.
>
> Mmmh... ProductCode have not change for a while, even for that 'major'
> upgrade.

Oops sorry, I forgot to change the ProductCode.
Is it better to change it even after the release?

> On the past i've got trouble upgrading without REAINSTALL="vamus", but
> indeed i've not verified driver/ddl version, so probably was broken by
> some time.
> I've checked the driver version because on 64bit there's a reboot
> triggered, but it is month, even not years, that i upgrade odbc driver
> blindly...

The structure of 64bit psqlodbc driver package is different from the
  32bit one. It doesn't contain libpq etc.
Because the 32bit package changed the VC runtime merge module from VC90
to VC100, minor upgrade is essentially impossible.
Because the 64bit package newly includes VC runtime merge module, minor
upgrade is possible and seems to cause reboot in some case.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue