Re: 2 postgresql server on the same station : conflict? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: 2 postgresql server on the same station : conflict?
Date
Re: 2 postgresql server on the same station : conflict?  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 28/05/2013 10:57, image wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On the same station, i have 2 postgresql server: one for my postgis db
> (v9.1) and so another installed with opener^7 (9.2). Unfortunalty, i noticed
> i'm obliged to stop service for my postgresql postgis (9.1) in order to use
> openerp7 (postgres9.2). I 'm surprised about that. There is there a way to
> use these two servers at the same time?

Yes, absolutely - just run them on different ports (assuming you're
connecting on TCP/IP). Set the "port" directive in postgresql.conf, and
restart.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland