Re: Success stories of PostgreSQL implementations in different companies - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Crawford
Subject Re: Success stories of PostgreSQL implementations in different companies
Date
Re: Success stories of PostgreSQL implementations in different companies
List pgsql-general
On 05/23/2013 02:36 PM, Oscar Calderon wrote:
> Hi, this question isn't technical, but is very important for me to
> know. Currently, here in El Salvador our company brings PostgreSQL
> support, but Oracle and SQL Server are more popular here.
>
> Even with that, some clients are being encouraged to change to
> PostgreSQL to lower their companies costs in technologies, but very
> often they ask if there are success stories of PostgreSQL
> implementations in companies in our region or around the world,
> success stories (if is possible) with some information like number of
> concurrent users, some hardware specs or storage size.
>
> I think that in my country is more common to hear success stories like
> that about other databases like Oracle because is more expanded here,
> but i would like if there's a place or if you can share with me some
> real experiences or success stories that you ever heard of successful
> implementations of PostgreSQL in companies to talk with people when
> they ask that kind of things.

Start with the web-site - especially:
http://www.postgresql.org/about/users/
http://www.postgresql.org/about/quotesarchive/

I don't know about name-recognition in El Salvador but Etsy, Wisconsin
Courts, Skype, Affilias, FlightAware, NTT are quite recognizable here.

Cheers,
Steve