Re: Bugfix patches in the next CF, was: Re: pg_ctl -D "/absolute/path" -m fast restart - doesn't work in some cases - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Bugfix patches in the next CF, was: Re: pg_ctl -D "/absolute/path" -m fast restart - doesn't work in some cases
Date
In response to Bugfix patches in the next CF, was: Re: pg_ctl -D "/absolute/path" -m fast restart - doesn't work in some cases  (Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb@cybertec.at>)
List pgsql-bugs
On 17.05.2013 11:57, Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
> Sorry for diverting the thread but if bugfixes are urgent, you can also
> look at
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CABUevEwx2DQT45x1pHHdzD_khy8HZ5A9Xo95XVGHou2ZTyNx2A@mail.gmail.com
>
> and the fix at https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=1085
> The CF in progress at the time was already closed for new patches.

[pg_basebackup with -R option and start standby have problems with
escaped password]

I replied to that now. Let's get that fixed before next beta.

> There are other patches marked as a bugfix, like:
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=1087
[backend hangs at immediate shutdown]

The question here is do we want to take the risk and apply this, at this
late stage? On a cursory look, I understand it well enough to have an
opinion.

> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=1076
[fixing pg_ctl with relative paths]

Seems reasonable, and I think we should apply this now, to 9.3. The
issue with embedded quotes is pretty scary though, maybe we should dig a
bit deeper into that to get that fixed too.

> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=1081

I don't know ldap well enough to comment, but I think we should fix this
now, in 9.3, if we want to do this at all.

- Heikki