Re: PostgreSQL TCL extension - Redhat 5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: PostgreSQL TCL extension - Redhat 5
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/14/2013 5:38 PM, ocalderon@solucionesaplicativas.com wrote:
> Can you provide me the link to that rpm please? Because I tried some rpms of postgres91 tcl that requires 8.5
version.Also I had the problem that also those packages that I tried asked me to install dependencies postgresql91 and
postgre91-libs,like i wouldnkt have an instance of postgresql installed.

I got it from yum.postgresql.com via the yum command.

     yum install postgresql91-pltcl

it WILL want to install a newer 9.1 sub-release, you said you're running
9.1.1 which is like 2 years worth of patches behind.   The current
supported 9.1 release is 9.1.9... in particular, there's a data
corruption bug in 9.1.5 and earlier, which can lead to corrupt
indexes.   you should reindex after upgrading to 9.1.6+