PostgreSQL TCL extension - Redhat 5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oscar Calderon
Subject PostgreSQL TCL extension - Redhat 5
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi to everybody, this is my first email in this list. I wanna ask you this because i couldn't find accurated information in google about it. Currently our company gives maintenance service to another company in postgresql. They have a redhat 5 server of 64 bits with postgresql 9.1.1 . The server has TCL 8.4 installed.

So, they asked for help to install the extension of TCL in postgresql because they developed a procedure written in TCL to send an email with data extracted from the database. In development they easily installed PostgreSQL 9.2 in a virtual machine centos from the repositories from http://yum.postgresql.org/. But in the server, we have a problem, because when i tried to install the extension for redhat 5, if i update the repos, it asked me to install postgresql91, postgresql91-libs because the version that it requires to work as i think.

So i searched for an older version and i found this:

I had installed it without problems, and it appears when i execute SELECT * FROM pg_available_extensions; but when i try to install it, it gives me error because it looks for the .so file of tcl 8.5, and the server has tcl 8.4 . And because i'm not responsible of maintenance on the redhat server (that's another company task), they notified us that that's the maximum version of TCL that they can upgrade, so my doubt is if there's a version of postgresql tcl extension that works with tcl 8.4 or if there's another way to solve it.

Regards.

Oscar Calderon
Analista de Sistemas
Soluciones Aplicativas S.A. de C.V.