Re: Slicing TOAST - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Slicing TOAST
Date
Re: Slicing TOAST  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com>)
Re: Slicing TOAST  (Pavel Golub <pavel@microolap.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 14.05.2013 21:36, Josh Berkus wrote:

>> I'm proposing this now as a possible GSoC project; I don't propose to
>> actively work on it myself.
>
> The deadline for submitting GSOC projects (by students) was a week ago.
>   So is this a project suggestion for next year ...?

I've been thinking, we should already start collecting ideas for next
year, and collect them throughout the year. I know I come up with some
ideas every now and then, but when it's time for another GSoC, I can't
remember any of them.

I just created a GSoC2014 ideas pages on the wiki, for collecting these:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2014. Let's keep the ideas coming,
throughout the year.

- Heikki