Re: Deploying PostgreSQL on CentOS with SSD and Hardware RAID - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Boreham
Subject Re: Deploying PostgreSQL on CentOS with SSD and Hardware RAID
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/10/2013 10:21 AM, Merlin Moncure wrote:
> As it turns out the list of flash drives are suitable for database use
> is surprisingly small. The s3700 I noted upthread seems to be
> specifically built with databases in mind and is likely the best
> choice for new deployments. The older Intel 320 is also a good choice.
> I think that's pretty much it until you get into expensive pci-e based
> gear.

This may have been a typo : did you mean Intel 710 series rather than 320 ?

While the 320 has the supercap, it isn't specified for high write endurance.
Definitely usable for a database, and a better choice than most of the
alternatives, but I'd have listed the 710 ahead of the 320.