Re: Remaining beta blockers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Remaining beta blockers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 05/06/2013 08:17 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Per my other mail, I think adding an AMV option at this time is
> inadvisable.  I could go either way on removing or keeping the
> is_scannable function --- anybody else have an opinion on that point?
>
> Which of us is going to commit this?  We're running low on time ...

As a my two cents, I have been watching this thread and the concern on
timeline is bothering me. I fully understand our want to get into Beta
and I know we don't want to slip schedule too much but quality is
important. It is what makes our project what it is more than any other
value we hold.

I also know we already slipped the beta once but we are not a
corporation, we do not have shareholders and nobody can fire us. If we
need to push it again for quality, shouldn't we?

Sincerely,

JD