Re: [pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL 10: Call for Quotes - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL 10: Call for Quotes
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 31 Aug 2017, at 18:34, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 1:16 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> On 31 August 2017 at 17:48, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I would argue for
>>> adding Andres's executor speedups and Amit's hash index work, too
>>
>> Do we have accepted/verified perf results we can quote?
>
> Andres had a chart showing mammoth speedups on some of the TPC-H
> queries which he presented at PGCon.  See, e.g. slide 17 at
> https://www.pgcon.org/2017/schedule/attachments/462_jit-pgcon-2017-05-25.pdf

Hmmm, that PDF renders fine when downloaded (eg curl) and viewed on OSX
using the OSX in-built "Preview" application.

It's all kinds of busted (mostly unreadable) when viewed online with
Chrome/Opera's in-built viewer.

Andres, any idea if that can be fixed so it's viewable for everyone? :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi