Re: Update: now available! Was: transition SRA PostgreSQL CE -> LPI-JP OSS-DB lost English version - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Satoshi Nagayasu
Subject Re: Update: now available! Was: transition SRA PostgreSQL CE -> LPI-JP OSS-DB lost English version
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi,

2013/05/03 2:46, Chris Mair wrote:
>>> Today I learned that LPI-Japan has made available an
>>> English version of the exam about a month ago:
>>>
>>> http://www.oss-db.jp/outline/eng_index.shtml
>>
>> Hmmm.  Based on the sample questions, there's some issues.
>>
>> For example, I can't personally select a "right" answer for this
>> question:
>>
>> http://www.oss-db.jp/measures/eng_sample_silver_knowledge.shtml
>>
>> I suspect that part of the problem is wording changes introduced by
>> translation.
>>
>> Are you working with anyone at LPI on auditing the questions?
>>

> Uhmm..
>
> No, I'm not involved with this. Somebody from LPI-Japan mailed me
> because he found my old mail from 2011 and mailed me and not the
> list...
>
> Appearantly he's trying to get in touch with the english speaking
> comunity because he mailed me again.
>
> I'm going to send him a mail with you in cc now...

What's the issue here? I can forward your feedback to guys who are in
charge of this certification (and sample questions).

I often give tech lecture for engineers who are interested in studying
PostgreSQL and taking the OSS-DB Gold Exam/Cert (advanced one).

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oss-db.jp%2Fnews%2Fevent%2F2013%2F01%2Fevent_20130119_01.shtml&act=url

If you have any question and/or feedback, I'm happy to forward it
to improve this exam.

BTW, I'd like to share with you that this exam is based on
PostgreSQL 9.0 now, and I don't know when it will be updated.

Regards,
--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <satoshi.nagayasu@gmail.com>