Re: more descriptive message for process termination due to max_slot_wal_keep_size - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: more descriptive message for process termination due to max_slot_wal_keep_size
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> writes:
> By the way, I didn't notice at that time (and forgot about the
> policy), but the HINT message has variations differing only by the
> variable name.

> What do you think about the attached?

Hmm, maybe, but a quick grep for 'You might need to increase'
finds about a dozen other cases, and none of them are using %s.
If we do this we should change all of them, and they probably
need "translator:" hints.  I'm not sure whether abstracting
away the variable names will make translation harder.