Re: psqlODBC website face-lift - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: psqlODBC website face-lift
Date
Re: psqlODBC website face-lift  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com>)
List pgsql-odbc
Resending without attachments, previous post stalled due to size limit.
I uploaded the attachments to http://psqlodbc.mooo.com/tarballs/

On 22.04.2013 14:58, Dave Page wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 12:38 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> <hlinnakangas@vmware.com>  wrote:
>> I think this page now contains all the important information about the
>> project. I propose that we replace the contents of the current web site at
>> psqlodbc.projects.pgfoundry.org with this.
>
> No objection here. Do you have access through pgFoundry?

No. Here's a tarball of the contents at the mock site, could you update
the site, please?

Also, the CVS repository at pgfoundry should be disabled, now that the
git repository is the official one. Attached is a tarball of the CVS
repository, we should put that up on the site, for archival purposes. I
got it from Marc, but I removed the CVSROOT directory which contained
some semi-sensitive information like the 'history' log file and
configuration details. So this should be safe to publish to the public.

We probably should move the website stuff out of the main git
repository. Release notes and some of the documentation that might be
version-specific should stay, but the web home page, FAQ, and howtos
should go elsewhere. I think we should create a separate git repository
for that, psqlodbc-www, similar to how you've done with pgadmin.

>> I don't know what the PostgreSQL project's policy is on using the website
>> graphics and stylesheets, but we can work that out.
>
> There's no problem with that.

Ok, cool.

- Heikki