Re: 9.3 Beta 1 Coming Soon! - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Gabriele Bartolini
Subject Re: 9.3 Beta 1 Coming Soon!
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi guys,

Il 19/04/13 18:41, Josh Berkus ha scritto:
> You know, I'm not really seeing a "theme" here.  9.3 seems like more of
> a "cleanup" version ...

What I suggest this time is to avoid mentioning all the new features in
the beta announcement, reducing the impact of the 9.3.0 official
release. We faced this problem last year too, when we had to make the
announcement and ... everything had already been said in the beta1 release.

This would also give us more time to prepare an effective official
release announcement. In the meantime we could prepare a 9.3 wiki page
with all the new features (making sure everyone understands it is still
a beta version) and in the beta and rc releases we simply refer to this
page.

Ciao,
Gabriele

--