Re: Syncing local repo with apt.postgresql.org (selectively add debs to prevent uncontrolled upgrades) - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Nicola Volpini
Subject Re: Syncing local repo with apt.postgresql.org (selectively add debs to prevent uncontrolled upgrades)
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
On 04/16/2013 10:18 AM, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: Nicola Volpini 2013-04-15 <516BB700.7090401@kambi.com>

Hi Christoph,

thanks for the suggestions. I was not aware of the "pull" command, I
completely missed it!
Right now I setup reprepro to mirror the entire pgsql repo and added our
new repo line to apt.sources.d on each machine. It's not as granular as
I hoped since it pulls everything but at least the DBAs are happy.
According to what you wrote it should not cause conflicts or issues due
to libraries or packages simply not being pulled from the repo unless
explicitly installed.

I'll surely need the pull feature in the near future, so it's still a
good thing to investigate it.

Thanks for your help Christoph, much appreciated!

Nicola

--
Nicola Volpini
Infrastructure Operations Engineer

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message (and any attachment) is intended only for the individual or entity to which
itis addressed. The information in this email is confidential and may contain information that is legally privileged or
exemptfrom disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from
reading,using, publishing or disseminating such information and upon receipt, must permanently delete the original and
destroyany copies. We take steps to protect against viruses and other defects but advise you to carry out your own
checksand precautions as Kambi does not accept any liability for any which remain. Thank you for your co-operation.