Re: Heroku early upgrade is raising serious questions - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Heroku early upgrade is raising serious questions
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 04/08/2013 04:32 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On 04/08/2013 04:12 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>

>> Clearly we can't do it that way again.
>>
>> -core is currently hashing out thoughts on what might be a reasonable
>> early notification process for high-risk users, and if it's feasible for
>> us to have one.  As well as other aspects of our security release
>> procedure.
>>

> I think that one thing that is very important to remember here, is -core
> doesn't make decisions lightly. I understand that some may have felt
> that communication wasn't perfect (it wasn't) but I know several members
> of core and they all take the position IMHO too seriously. So let's
> relax, realize there is improvement to be made (which they and we do)
> and just work the problem.

Agreed. As far as I can see things where handled in the Postgres way,
when in doubt err on the side of caution. I applaud the efforts of those
concerned and trust in their ability to build on the experience.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com