Re: Anyone have a contact at Home.PL in Poland? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Darren Duncan
Subject Re: Anyone have a contact at Home.PL in Poland?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 2013.04.04 12:00 PM, Szymon Guz wrote:
> On 4 April 2013 20:28, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>
>      > Seems like they already know about that. There is info at
>      > https://pomoc.home.pl/komunikaty/914 that they are going to update Postgres
>      > to 9.0.13 in a couple of days.
>
>     Good.   Now if only we can get them to not have 5432 be world-accessible ...
>
> Seems like for shared hosting there is no way to block that port as they give
> users access to Postgres to use tools like pgAdmin. What a great idea :)

You can use SSH tunneling to use pgAdmin from other sites without exposing 5432
itself to the internet.

That said, it would be really nice if pgAdmin could set up the tunnel itself,
which even MySQLWorkbench can do, rather than needing one to manually start an
SSH tunnel first for each usage.  Much more user-friendly.

-- Darren Duncan