Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add PF_PRINTF_ATTRIBUTE to on_exit_msg_fmt. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add PF_PRINTF_ATTRIBUTE to on_exit_msg_fmt.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 26.03.2013 22:14, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>  wrote:
>
>> Not happy with misc.c as a filename.
>
> We already have two misc.c files:
>
> src/backend/utils/adt/misc.c
> src/interfaces/ecpg/ecpglib/misc.c
>
> I much prefer not to repeat the same filename in different
> directories if we can avoid it.
>
>> How about pg_dump_utils.c or pg_dump_misc.c?
>
> Those seem reasonable to me.

pg_dump_utils.c could be confused with dumputils.c. And I'd rather not
have pg_dump in the filename, because the file is for functions that are
used in both pg_dump and pg_restore. To add to the confusion, there's
also common.c, which is only used by pg_dump (historical reasons).

There's a bunch of files called pg_backup_*.c that are also shared
between pg_dump and pg_restore, so perhaps pg_backup_utils.c?

- Heikki