Re: Enabling Checksums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Enabling Checksums
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 04.03.2013 22:51, Jim Nasby wrote:
>> The time to
>> object to the concept of a checksuming feature was a long time ago,
>> before a ton of development effort went into this... :(
>
> I did. Development went ahead anyway.

Right, because the community felt that this was valuable enough to do regardless of things like FS checksumming. But
nowyou're bringing the issue up yet again, this time after a large amount of time has been invested.

I know that you're doing what you feel is best for the project, but in this case the community didn't agree with your
view.Raising the same objection at this point is not productive at this point.