Re: Suggested new CF status: "Pending Discussion" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Suggested new CF status: "Pending Discussion"
Date
Re: Suggested new CF status: "Pending Discussion"  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/3/13 4:31 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> I'd like to add a new CF status, "Pending Discussion".  This status
> would be used for patches which have long discussions regarding syntax
> or difficult functionality on this list which must be resolved before
> commit.

I made a similar suggestion a few years ago.  Robert thought it was a
workflow problem because it removed any notion of who was responsible
for the next action.  Once something goes into "Discussion", it's easy
to fall into a state where everyone is waiting for someone else.

I thought it was a useful idea anyway, but I could see his point.  This
should probably move to "Waiting on Author" when it happens, presuming
that the person who wrote something is motivated to see the change
committed.  (If they weren't, why did they write it?)