Re: WIP: store additional info in GIN index - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: WIP: store additional info in GIN index
Date
List pgsql-hackers
The GIN changes don't seem to have progressed in some time, and some of
the most recent activity
(http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/50BFF89A.7080908@fuzzy.cz)
suggests unconvincing test results.

Is this work considered to be a dead-end - a good idea that didn't work
out in practice? Or do you think it still has merit and can be made
useful and ready for inclusion?

Given the activity level I would like to bounce this patch, either as
"returned with feedback" if you want to take another go at it post-9.3,
or as "rejected" if you think the idea won't go anywhere. Please let me
know how you think it looks.