Re: Enabling Checksums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Enabling Checksums
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 03/02/2013 12:48 AM, Daniel Farina wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 10:30 PM, Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> Attached is some bit rot updates to the checksums patches.  The replace-tli
>> one still works fine....
> I rather badly want this feature, and if the open issues with the
> patch has hit zero, I'm thinking about applying it, shipping it, and
> turning it on.  Given that the heap format has not changed, the main
> affordence I may check for is if I can work in backwards compatibility
> (while not maintaining the checksums, of course) in case of an
> emergency.

Did you get a chance to see whether you can run it in
checksum-validation-and-update-off backward compatible mode? This seems
like an important thing to have working (and tested for) in case of
bugs, performance issues or other unforseen circumstances.