Re: Training provider question: SkillsQuest - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Training provider question: SkillsQuest
Date
List pgsql-www
On 02/14/2013 04:08 PM, Simon Riggs wrote:

> On 14 February 2013 23:39, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>
>> We've had a new training provider submit to PostgreSQL Events:
>> SkillsQuest.  Because some of the wording of their ad seemed fishy, I
>> checked for their website (to which they do NOT provide a link), and I'm
>> bothered by the fact that they don't have a training schedule anywhere
>> on the website.  You have to submit an email form and they will tell you
>> if they have a training or not.
>>
>> This smells funny to me.  I'm not sure I should be approving their
>> training announcements.
>
> While its difficult to make hard rulings on such things, we should be
> helping people that explicitly advertise PostgreSQL and not others.
>
> I don't suppose other companies would allow training partners who
> don't even list the product on their web site.

In the past when we have had some funny or suspect listings we have
called the provider.

IMO, we need to just set some written rules about trainings that are
published and visibly obvious:

1. Must provide direct link to corporate website
2. Must provide direct link to training
3. Must provide contact phone number
4. Must provide direct link to schedule

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579