Re: 403 - Forbidden on gitweb pages - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: 403 - Forbidden on gitweb pages
Date
List pgsql-www
On 02/14/2013 05:31 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> The bandaid solution was to rate limit access per ip. The error you hit is
>> when you're rate limited.
>
> [ raised eyebrow... ]  I'm fairly sure I've seen it more than once when
> performing a *single* page fetch.  In any case, the probability of
> failure increased by a couple orders of magnitude sometime in the past
> month or so, because I'd never seen it before that.

any chance you moved to a different browser (or a new version of it) in
that timeframe?
I can trivially reproduce that issue here now because my browser is
employing fairly agressive prefetching techniques that the currently
rate-limiting system is not prepared to deal with, and from looking at
the logs this is actually a fairly common issue :(

Stefan