Re: fascinating article on postgresql mailing lists - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: fascinating article on postgresql mailing lists
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2/11/2013 11:17 AM, Daniel Verite wrote:
> I happen to collect these messages in a database since mid-2005. As a point
> of comparison, the numbers I get until today for pgsql-general are 3348
> messages that appear to be outside of any thread (no "In-Reply-To" field or
> "References" field that points to it, and subject does not start with "Re:"),
> the total number of messages being 110233, in 19855 distinct threads.

except for all the people that start a new thread by replying to an
existing message, so their new message has a 'in reply to' header....

and the people who reply to digests and leave all kinda garbage headers.

and the replies that aren't properly threaded.

and....

email is just too chaotic to get useful statistics from.