Re: main.log file not being updated - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: main.log file not being updated
Date
List pgsql-general
On 01/24/2013 09:29 AM, Anson Abraham wrote:
> my postgresql-9.0-main.log log file is 0 bytes.  Postgres user has perms
> to write to it.  And and postgresql.conf file shows to log, but it's
> not.  Not sure why.
>
> I have the defaults set in except for these changes:
>
> log_connections = on
> log_disconnections = on
> log_duration = off
>
> log_line_prefix = '%t %p %h %d '
> log_lock_waits = on
> log_statement = 'none'
>
> any ideas?  I used to write log entries, but now, not so much.

What do the following show?:

log_destination =
logging_collector

Have you restarted the server since making the changes?

How was Postgres installed and what platform/distrubution?
How is Postgres started?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com