Re: [BUGS] psql: FATAL: the database system is in recovery mode - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Bhushan Verma
Subject Re: [BUGS] psql: FATAL: the database system is in recovery mode
Date
Re: [BUGS] psql: FATAL: the database system is in recovery mode
List pgsql-novice
Hi,
Sorry that was for my  fedora 4 machine.

But my fedora 9 machine have as follows postgres version.
rpm -qa|grep postgres
postgresql-server-8.3.1-1.fc9.i386
postgresql-devel-8.3.1-1.fc9.i386
postgresql-python-8.3.1-1.fc9.i386
postgresql-8.3.1-1.fc9.i386
postgresql-libs-8.3.1-1.fc9.i386

I am getting the problem on Fedora 9 not on fedora 4.

Bhushan Verma <verma.bhushan@gmail.com> writes:
> - What version of PostgreSQL you are using?
> #rpm -qa|grep postgres
> postgresql-server-8.0.3-1

8.0.3 is four years obsolete.  If you can still reproduce the crash
after updating to some recent 8.0.x version, it'd be worth looking
closer.

With Regards,
Bhushan