Re: Do I have a hardware or a software problem? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: Do I have a hardware or a software problem?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 12/12/12 15:41, David Boreham wrote:
> On 12/11/2012 7:38 PM, Evgeny Shishkin wrote:
>> Which drives would you recommend? Besides intel 320 and 710.
> Those are the only drive types we have deployed in servers at present
> (almost all 710, but we have some 320 for less mission-critical
> machines). The new DC-S3700 Series looks nice too, but isn't yet in
> the sales channel :
> http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/solid-state-drives/solid-state-drives-dc-s3700-series.html

+1

The s3700 is probably the one to get (when it is available). I'd opt for
the 710 if you need something now. I'd avoid the 320 - we have
encountered the firmware bug whereby you get an 8MB (yes 8MB) capacity
after powerdown with a depressingly large number of them (they were
updated to the latest firmware too).

Regards

Mark