Re: dbt2 performance regresses from 9.1.6 to 9.2.1 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: dbt2 performance regresses from 9.1.6 to 9.2.1
Date
List pgsql-performance

http://pgsql.privatepaste.com/6fa8b7f174(9.2.1).

> You know... it does look as if 9.2.1 is generating a lot more pressure
> into the memory allocator (AllocSetAlloc notably higher).

Did you check the access plans of the queries? 9.2 planner might choose
a slightly worse plan. Or perhaps index-only scans are hurting
performance with the DBT-2 queries.

- Heikki