Fwd: The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Elliot Chance
Subject Fwd: The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum
Date
List pgsql-general
Apple Mail has not been copying the mailing list, so excuse the reposts if you got one.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Elliot Chance <elliotchance@gmail.com>
Date: 19 November 2010 9:18:18 AM AEDT
To: Daniel Verite <daniel@manitou-mail.org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum

Is nobody reading the other "Postgres forums ... take 2" mailing list thread?

The forum will go nowhere unless we can decide how messages are sent to it. Many people objected to the idea of using the persons name and generic mail address like:
From: Elliot Chance <forums@postgresql.com.au>; John Smith <forums@postgresql.com.au>

But so far no one has suggested a way email addresses can be registered ... you can't have it both ways. I've tried to investigate what mailing list software postgresql.org uses which no luck. So what to do?