Re: Multiple Cluster on same host - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shaun Thomas
Subject Re: Multiple Cluster on same host
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/19/2012 09:38 AM, GMAIL wrote:

> but if i connect from another pc, with pgadmin 1.16 or other software,
> to the host with postgresql i get a "connection refused" message

Ok. That narrows it down slightly. If you check your PG logs for FATAL
messages, and you don't see anything complaining about pg_hba.conf not
having an entry for your host, it's probably a firewall issue.

For reference, the firewall can be anywhere between you and your host.
Try to ping the host and port where your PG server is running. If you
can't even get that far, I'd inquire to your Infrastructure department.

--
Shaun Thomas
312-444-8534