Re: Multiple Cluster on same host - Mailing list pgsql-general

From GMAIL
Subject Re: Multiple Cluster on same host
Date
Re: Multiple Cluster on same host  (Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie>)
List pgsql-general
Il 19/10/2012 16:33, Shaun Thomas ha scritto:

> If you don't get any error message from the client or the server, are
> you sure it didn't work?
>
> I only ask because 1.8 was so old, I'm surprised it even worked with
> the version you had before. The catalog has changed a lot since then,
> and the error you reported is pretty much exactly what you'd expect by
> using an old pgAdmin with a new Postgres due to missing entries.
>
> You might think about deleting the pgAdmin entry and re-entering it
> from scratch to make sure all the settings are as you expect. There
> should be some kind of hint from the database log, too.
if i connect with pgadmin from the host where i've created the two
clusters it does work
but if i connect from another pc, with pgadmin 1.16 or other software,
to the host with postgresql i get a "connection refused" message