Re: PostgreSQL 14 press release draft - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 14 press release draft
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 9/21/21 3:16 AM, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> On Mon, 2021-09-20 at 22:19 -0400, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
>> The [extended systems](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/planner-stats.html#PLANNER-STATS-EXTENDED)
>> includes many improvements in PostgreSQL 14, including the ability to apply
>> extend statistics on expressions. Additionally,
>> [window functions](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/functions-window.html) can
>> now benefit from incremental sorts, a feature that was introduced in
>> [PostgreSQL 13](https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/postgresql-13-released-2077/).
>
> "The extended systems" sounds weird to me, and the link points to extended statistics.
>
> Did you mean to say "Extended statistics include many ..."?
> But then the repetition jars.
>
> Perhaps:
>
>   [Extended statistics](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/planner-stats.html#PLANNER-STATS-EXTENDED)
>   can be used for expressions in PostgreSQL v14.  Additionally,
>   [window functions](https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/functions-window.html) can
>   now benefit from incremental sorts, a feature that was introduced in
>   [PostgreSQL 13](https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/postgresql-13-released-2077/).

Thanks, I mostly followed this suggestion. Please see attached for
updated draft, which also incorporates feedback from -hackers.

As a reminder, please provide any feedback on the press release no later
than **Thu, Sep 23, 2021 @ 18:00 UTC**.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Attachment