Re: BUG #7592: Installation of PostGresql at c:\Progam files folder does not create right permission on data folder - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: BUG #7592: Installation of PostGresql at c:\Progam files folder does not create right permission on data folder
Date
Responses Re: BUG #7592: Installation of PostGresql at c:\Progam files folder does not create right permission on data folder  (Deven Thaker <devenmthaker@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
On 10/10/2012 01:07 PM, devenmthaker@gmail.com wrote:

> Bug reference:      7592
> Logged by:          Deven
> Email address:      devenmthaker@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.0.3
> Operating system:   Windows 2008 R2 WITH SP1 (64 BITS)
>
> We are installing our application which internally call
> postgresql-9.0.3-2-windows_x64.exe to install postgresql under c:\program
> files folder. But initialization of datbase failed with log that
> user(administrator) does not have enough permission on data folder.
> Can anyone help me out to address this issue?

That's odd. Is it only on one computer? Or have you tried it on several
different computers with the same results?

Does the error persist if you run the installer with the same command
line directly, not via your installer?

Can you show the installer log file?

What happens if you use a current installer - at least 9.0.10,
preferably 9.2.1.

--
Craig Ringer