Re: Postgres DB Migration from 8.3 to 9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gavin Flower
Subject Re: Postgres DB Migration from 8.3 to 9.1
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/10/12 15:15, Vishalakshi Navaneethakrishnan wrote:
Hi Friends,

We have our production environment database server in Postgres 8.3 version. we have planned to upgrade to lastest version 9.1. Dump from 8.3  and restore in Postgres 9.1 takes more than 5 hours. Any other quick method to upgrade from 8.3 to 9.1. We need to reduce our downtime  below 1 hour. Any Possibilities..?

Thanks in Advance.

--
Best Regards,
Vishalakshi.N

Have you considered migrating to 9.2?  It has some performance and other useful enhancements over 9.1.

I suspect that testing on early versions of 9.2.2 might be a good idea, with the intent of migrating to 9.2.2 when it is ready for production use.

Cheers.
Gavin