Re: Move postgresql_fdw_validator into dblink - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shigeru HANADA
Subject Re: Move postgresql_fdw_validator into dblink
Date
Re: Move postgresql_fdw_validator into dblink  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Move postgresql_fdw_validator into dblink  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
(2012/10/09 0:30), Kohei KaiGai wrote:
> The attached patch is a revised one according to my previous
> suggestion. It re-defines "PQconninfoOption *options" as static
> variable with NULL initial value, then, PQconndefaults() shall
> be invoked at once. The default options never changed during
> duration of the backend process, so here is no reason why we
> allocate and free this object for each validator invocation.

Sorry for delayed response.  It seems reasonable, so I just fixed
obsolete comment and indent.  Please see attached v3 patch which was
rebased against latest head of master.

> If it is also OK for you, I'd like to take over this patch to comitter.
> This patch is prerequisite of postgresql_fdw, so I hope this patch
> getting merged soon.

Please go ahead. :-)

Regards,
--