Re: BUG #7588: pgsql 9.1 incompatible with zlib 1.27 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From John Marino
Subject Re: BUG #7588: pgsql 9.1 incompatible with zlib 1.27
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 10/7/2012 19:35, Tom Lane wrote:
> John Marino<draco@marino.st>  writes:
>> On 10/7/2012 18:36, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> This issue is dealt with in 9.2.  I don't think we are going to change
>>> it in previous release branches, because these are only warnings no?
>
>> It successfully completes the build.  I don't know if the warnings are
>> harmless or not.  I would have thought the 9.2 fix would have been
>> backported to something as recent as version 9.1.x though especially
>> since 9.1 is the default version for pgsql in pkgsrc.
>
> The fix was nontrivial and involved removal of some (undocumented)
> functionality, so we're not likely to consider backporting it unless
> someone proves that the warnings are more than cosmetic.  As far as
> I can tell, they aren't.
>
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=d923125b77c5d698bb8107a533a21627582baa43
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=19f45565f581ce605956c29586bfd277f6012eec
>
>             regards, tom lane

Yeah, I know it's nontrivial because I tried to patch it and hit the FH
as FILE* and gzFile conflict and realized the problem was more than
misdefined use of gzFile.

By the way, I also had to patch 9.1.6 in order to build it with gcc47:
Were these issues also fixed in postgres 9.2?

http://pkgsrc.se/files.php?messageId=20121007102454.6E70D175DD@cvs.netbsd.org

John