Re: BUG #7588: pgsql 9.1 incompatible with zlib 1.27 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From John Marino
Subject Re: BUG #7588: pgsql 9.1 incompatible with zlib 1.27
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 10/7/2012 18:36, Tom Lane wrote:
>> >  DragonFly has zlib 1.27 as a base library.  I noticed several zlib warnings
>> >  when pgsql 9.1.6 was being built with gcc47.  The various utilities in
>> >  src/bin are using the zlib.h header incorrectly.
> This issue is dealt with in 9.2.  I don't think we are going to change
> it in previous release branches, because these are only warnings no?
>
>             regards, tom lane

It successfully completes the build.  I don't know if the warnings are
harmless or not.  I would have thought the 9.2 fix would have been
backported to something as recent as version 9.1.x though especially
since 9.1 is the default version for pgsql in pkgsrc.  If everyone is
sure that these warnings are harmless, I suppose its okay to live with them.

Thanks,
John