Re: [INTERFACES] Linking problems - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Linking problems
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Richard <blackw@sfu.ca> writes:
> Last night in I downgraded to 6.5.2, and my test app linked fine WITHOUT
> the -lpq option!  Is that link option requirement specific to 6.5.3?

Hard to believe that 6.5.2 and 6.5.3 are any different here.  More
likely there is some configuration difference on your platform.
Shared libraries are handled weirdly on many Unixen --- the loader
may be configured to look automatically in some directories, for
example.  If you have "ldconfig" on your system, check its config file.
        regards, tom lane