Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 1:53 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> That test script is expecting glibc-like laxness of switch
>> parsing.  Put the switches before the non-switch arguments.

> I just did that. :-)

Yup, you pushed while I was typing.

FWIW, I don't think it's "Windows" enforcing this, it's our own
src/port/getopt[_long].c.  If there were a well-defined spec
for what glibc does with such cases, it might be interesting to
try to make our version bug-compatible with theirs.  But AFAIK
it's some random algorithm that they probably feel at liberty
to change.