Re: Create user mapping for role - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Create user mapping for role
Date
List pgsql-general
Gerard Weatherby <gerardw@alum.mit.edu> writes:
> Can a foreign data wrapper user mapping by created for multiple users via a role? i.e. if bob, sally, and john belong
torole foreigusers, is it possible to do something like
> Create user mapping for foreignusers server …

You can certainly create a user mapping for a role.  But I think you'll
find that sally et al have to do "SET ROLE foreignusers" to use it.
It's difficult to see a way to avoid that --- after all, if sally is
also a member of foreignuserstoo that also has a mapping, which one
should the system use?

            regards, tom lane