Re: Code of Conduct plan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Code of Conduct plan
Date
List pgsql-general
On 06/05/2018 08:41 AM, Lutz Horn wrote:
> Am 05.06.2018 17:26 schrieb Joshua D. Drake:
>> As one of the people that interacts with external members of the
>> community more than most, I can tell you that a CoC is something the
>> wider community wants. I have sat in feedback meetings with hundreds
>> of people who are potential community members. These people have
>> ranged in age, gender, sexual orientation and technical capability on
>> all realms of the spectrum. The majority of them aren't interested if
>> we do not have a written Code of Conduct.
>
> May I ask what the context of these meetings was? Where where they held?
> For which country or part of the broader community where the
> participants representative?

Happy to discuss offlist. I don't want to distract from this thread.

jD

> Regards
>
> Lutz

***  A fault and talent of mine is to tell it exactly how it is.  ***
PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://postgresconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****