Re: build farm machine using mixed results - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: build farm machine using mixed results
Date
Re: build farm machine using mixed results  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 9/1/12 12:12 PM, Robert Creager wrote:

> I change the build-farm.conf file to have the following make line:
>
>     make => 'make -j 8', # or gmake if required. can include path if
> necessary.
>
> 2 pass, 4 fail.  Is this a build configuration you want to pursue?

Sure that would be useful, but it's pretty clear that the check stages
don't work in parallel.  It think it's because the ports conflict, but
there could be any number of other problems.

That said, it would be useful, in my mind, to support parallel checks.
But unless someone is going to put in the work first, you should
restrict your parallel runs to the build and install phases.