Re: build farm machine using mixed results - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: build farm machine using mixed results
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Peter Eisentraut's message of mar sep 04 18:49:46 -0300 2012:
> On 9/1/12 12:12 PM, Robert Creager wrote:
> >
> > I change the build-farm.conf file to have the following make line:
> >
> >     make => 'make -j 8', # or gmake if required. can include path if
> > necessary.
> >
> > 2 pass, 4 fail.  Is this a build configuration you want to pursue?
>
> Sure that would be useful, but it's pretty clear that the check stages
> don't work in parallel.  It think it's because the ports conflict, but
> there could be any number of other problems.

Is that really the problem?  As far as I know, buildfarm doesn't use
anything like installcheck-world or similar targets; each check target
is run separately, serially, by the BF script.